kerithwyn: angry sullen little bitch (little bitch)
[personal profile] kerithwyn
 Nothing exciting to report, though https://fanworks.dreamwidth.org/ is this weekend and I hope to see you there!
 
Without being able to visit friends or go to the movies, we’ve had time to binge a whole lot of tv. Yay?
 
Reading: Still way off my usual pace but gaining ground. Finished Gideon the Ninth & Harrow the Ninth (...so, so bizarre, yet strangely compelling), Shadow of the Batgirl (better than The Oracle Code, classic Cass), Peace Talks & Battle Ground (I have a fic rebuttal idea but no time to write it).
 
Also listened to a couple of audio books. Audible: The Institute (solid classic King), The Sandman (amazing), Doctor Aphra (loved the comic, good adaptation). Serial Box: Thor: Metal Gods (eh) and Jessica Jones: Playing with Fire (the best to date). Currently listening to Black Widow: Bad Blood, enjoying so far.
 
The comic shop is open so I’m wading through the enormous stack, catching up. (I was hoping we could switch to digital. Sigh.) Didn’t realize Valkyrie was ending, boo. The only DC book I’m getting is Legion and I just can’t talk about that.
 
Watched: Suddenly got access to HBO Max, so we finished Harley Quinn. That just kept getting better and better. Doom Patrol was fantastic, easily among the best comic adaptations. Enola Holmes is adorable, needed to be a series. Teenaged Bounty Hunters was waaaaay more enjoyable than I would’ve expected. Couple of other decent things we binged: Cursed, Hanna, Warrior Nun. And yay for Umbrella Academy
 
Watching: Disco 3, Lower Decks, Raised by Wolves (so very Ridley Scott), AtLA rewatch, October Faction, GBBO (I wonder if the Brits know how many in the U.S. cling to this show for sanity), The Alienist, Supernatural, NeXt (reminds me how much I miss PoI), Haunting of Bly Manor (not as compelling as Hill House), Swamp Thing
 
Soon: Mandalorian s3 and the SW Lego Special. I am not prepared.

Back to work. Let's dance together separately at Sparkle Motion on Friday night, 'kay?
 

Date: 2020-10-20 08:09 pm (UTC)
seekingferret: Two warning signs one above the other. 1) Falling Rocks. 2) Falling Rocs. (Default)
From: [personal profile] seekingferret
See you at [community profile] fanworks!

Date: 2020-10-23 07:15 pm (UTC)
suncat: Basic Suncat Studio avatar (Default)
From: [personal profile] suncat
I really enjoyed Gideon the Ninth. Got Harrow on reserve at the library.

Profile

kerithwyn: Oracle (Default)
kerithwyn

January 2025

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122 232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2026 04:17 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios