kerithwyn: Y'know...there are nights I just feel stupid. (stupid Spidey)
[personal profile] kerithwyn
Pretty much in the same place as the last post. Still overwhelmed with work, very little time off. Distraught for various reasons about missing VividCon, but the three projects all bearing down on August won't allow the five days off. Next year I book early and deadlines can suck it.

Reading: Things that don't strain my brain. A lot of comics (Karnak, Vision, Hellcat). Also the Feeding Hannibal cookbook (thanks, [personal profile] domarzione!) for giggles. Down Among the Sticks and Bones, which I adored maybe even more than Every Heart a Doorway, because Jack was my favorite. Whispers Underground is up next-- I am rationing Peter Grant out slowly so I don't run out too soon.
 
Watching: American Gods s1 was gorgeous and I completely approve of the story changes. I'll miss your Doctor, Peter Capaldi. iZombie shook up its paradigm with the season finale, which promises good fun next season. Wynonna Earp remains excellent brain candy, still sorely needed. I'm glad Orphan Black is answering its core questions with the final season. Have watched three eps of Glow and like OitNB, the white lady lead is the least interesting thing about it, but Carmen rocks. Still stung over the Sense8 cancellation--glad for the movie conclusion, but seriously, why can't we keep the nice poly queer things.

And omigosh, Guardians was fun, Wonder Woman was spectacular (twice), Spider-Man was terrific. As [personal profile] destina said, we are being spoiled for comic book movies this summer...and have you seen the Black Panther pics? GLORIOUS.
 
 
Writing: ha ha sob no.

As Karnak sayeth (click to embiggen):



(only sometimes.)

Date: 2017-07-14 10:22 pm (UTC)
elfin: image:  olivia;  text: invincible (Default)
From: [personal profile] elfin
Eeeeeeeee Wonder Woman. It's the first movie I've seen twice in the theaters in a really long time. Did I say twice? I meant four times.

And, damn, I can't express how much I love Peter Grant! I highly recommend the comics. They're both well written and drawn.

Profile

kerithwyn: Oracle (Default)
kerithwyn

January 2025

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122 232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 11:29 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios