...so the thing is, I tend to get very quiet when I'm under stress. This last couple of months has been difficult in so many ways: work stress, election stress, physical pain stress (since September), fic exchange stress....
The only one really relevant here is the last. My Yuletide assignment is gold, really great recip with an excellent letter, enjoyable canon to work with. Not her fault my writing mojo is virtually defunct, in large part due to the above. Threw some words down early, got caught up with the above stressors, and swore that if I didn't have a real story in progress by the default date, I'd hit the button.
And then I misread the date--I thought the default was Sunday night. Yeah. So I spent Sunday sorting through the scattered bits of ideas and I think I have something now, the only issue is banging it into a coherent form and filling in the gaps. (Always, always the hardest part.) Since I can't default at this point I have to make it work, though this week is full of appointments and distractions like, you know, actual looming work deadlines.
So that's that.
...to end on less depressive note, Rogue One is this weekend and I'm stupid excited for that! Early non-spoiler reviews say it's great and I've got my Saturday morning ticket.
Also registered and got a room (need a roommate!) for Escapade in March, so I'm trying not to turtle completely. EVERYONE SHOULD GO. Guaranteed good time, I would not lie.
The only one really relevant here is the last. My Yuletide assignment is gold, really great recip with an excellent letter, enjoyable canon to work with. Not her fault my writing mojo is virtually defunct, in large part due to the above. Threw some words down early, got caught up with the above stressors, and swore that if I didn't have a real story in progress by the default date, I'd hit the button.
And then I misread the date--I thought the default was Sunday night. Yeah. So I spent Sunday sorting through the scattered bits of ideas and I think I have something now, the only issue is banging it into a coherent form and filling in the gaps. (Always, always the hardest part.) Since I can't default at this point I have to make it work, though this week is full of appointments and distractions like, you know, actual looming work deadlines.
So that's that.
...to end on less depressive note, Rogue One is this weekend and I'm stupid excited for that! Early non-spoiler reviews say it's great and I've got my Saturday morning ticket.
Also registered and got a room (need a roommate!) for Escapade in March, so I'm trying not to turtle completely. EVERYONE SHOULD GO. Guaranteed good time, I would not lie.
no subject
Date: 2016-12-12 10:21 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-12-13 01:18 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-12-13 03:08 am (UTC)also, when I read this I was like, "why does escapade sound familiar? have I gone? did I attend and black it out of my--"
RITH I STILL DON'T KNOW.
wanting to see you would be reason enough to buy a membership and a stupid pricey ticket to LAX tho right? even though I wouldn't know anyone but you and haven't been to a slash con since I was nineteen? ...am now looking at the list of attendees.
[/ramble]
no subject
Date: 2016-12-13 02:53 pm (UTC)Well, Escapade is hella fun for me, can't say for you? Mostly it's about seeing people and spending time in a congenial slash environment, which I don't get the rest of the year. Won't twist your arm but would love to see you, too! Check out the website and previous years' panels and stuff and see if it appeals. <3
no subject
Date: 2016-12-14 04:43 am (UTC)Now I wholeheartedly believe this woman, but not only had I forgotten we'd been introduced before (god, like the eighty-sixth time that's happened to me re: fandom people on the internet), I'd forgotten I'd gone to the con till she reminded me. I HAVE GONE DRINKING WITH PEOPLE WHOM I'VE ALREADY MET WHO FELL OUT OF MY SIEVE LIKE MEMORY. MULTIPLE TIMES.
it's. like. it's painfully stupid of me. so idk if "dork" covers it. ;)
aaaaaanyway, idek if the other people I'd be most interested in catching up with would still be attending or not - at least I'd remember what they looked like though. Probably.
...hopefully?
no subject
Date: 2016-12-14 05:27 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-12-17 09:41 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-12-17 09:45 pm (UTC)In other news, I got your card! GLITTERBOMB. Thank you! :D
In also other news, I got my Yuletide story in. Editing still to be done over the next week but whew, it's in and acceptable as is. yay. tirrrred.
no subject
Date: 2016-12-13 03:20 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-12-13 02:51 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-12-13 04:54 am (UTC)It's good to see you post. Sorry that life has been kicking your ass.
I won't attend Escapade but I'd love to see you if you have the time.
I hope you won't have to but technically you can still default. The pinch hitters list covers all defaulters. One of my best stories was a pinch hit that I picked up on December 21. The only caveat is if you want to participate next year, you'll have to post a story to the New Year's collection. I may late default myself. I have only 400+ words written. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but my sciatica has acted up and I'm having a foot issue. Sitting down makes my back worse. Standing makes my foot worse. It's a catch 22 and I can't write while I'm flat in bed. (I need voice software and I need it today.)
no subject
Date: 2016-12-13 02:50 pm (UTC)Can still default but would feel wretched about it at this point. I'm somewhere around 2500 words but they're still all disconnected, need to make it a coherent story somehow. Giving myself until end of tomorrow to get in a draft or default.
Sciatica is the pits--hope yours calms down soon. Going in on Friday for a second cervical steroid shot, everything crossed this one works....
no subject
Date: 2016-12-14 02:11 pm (UTC)Huh... I might be able to get some time off in March... and goodness knows it would be nice to have something to look forward to doing. Hmm!
no subject
Date: 2016-12-14 05:32 pm (UTC)Consider it YESSSSS. Think about it! Strongly! I will refrain from emailing you this very moment with wild flailing and gesticulation but you may take that as a given! Please say you will. :)
no subject
Date: 2016-12-16 01:47 pm (UTC)Oh, flail away! (You need a roommate? I need to budget.)