quick fly-by

18 Oct. 2nd, 2016 02:02 pm
kerithwyn: blathering like a monkey doing Shakespeare (monkey Shakespeare)
[personal profile] kerithwyn
 
Writing
I'm not the only one changing my Yuletide offer/request list every five seconds, right? I alllllmost had it locked down and then a surprise entry started screaming to be included. [personal profile] smittywing, stop laughing at me. -- no, don't, mockery is deserved for this one.

Also debating whether some entries might be better for [community profile] holly_poly (now taking nominations) if that's mostly what I want from the fandom.
 
Watching: TV
Three eps into Luke Cage. Enjoying tremendously.
 
Reading
Nearly through A Gathering of Shadows. I suspect an awful cliffhanger is imminent.

Listening to The Fireman, and if you didn't know JH was SK's son and heir to the Kingdom, now you'd know....

So, I was suspecting a very Cell-like resolution for the spore, since there had to be someone left alive to tell the story. Harper's just met the cult, I mean 'scale-infested group, and right on schedule here's the creepy quasi-religious hive-mind. But what really clinches it is the casual mention that "people seem more suggestible in the Bright" ... followed very shortly thereafter by the guy saying that after his ecstatic experience, he "forgot the face of my father."

HELLO GIANT RED FLAG. Because in a King-related verse there's no worse thing, implying a complete loss of honor at best and utter, inevitable doom at worst. It'll only get worse from here.
 

Date: 2016-10-03 03:49 pm (UTC)
elfin: image:  olivia;  text: invincible (Default)
From: [personal profile] elfin
I really need to read JH. Should I start with Heart-Shaped Box?

Date: 2016-10-04 11:24 am (UTC)
ziparumpazoo: Tree covered in pink frost (Default)
From: [personal profile] ziparumpazoo
So does the pacing in Luke Cage follow the rest of the Netflix/Marvel offering and get tighter once you're a few episodes in? I've seen the first two but it felt really slow.

Date: 2016-10-04 03:09 pm (UTC)
ziparumpazoo: Tree covered in pink frost (Default)
From: [personal profile] ziparumpazoo
That's good to know. Thanks! I appreciate that all thes Marvel shows are not clones of each other even though they're in the same 'verse, but the husband was getting bored. I think I can get him to stick it out so he's got the backstory for the next series (Defenders iirc?).

Profile

kerithwyn: Oracle (Default)
kerithwyn

January 2025

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122 232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 03:46 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios