I wrote three fics for Yuletide, for three fandoms that received no other stories--House of Stairs, Mouse Guard, and Lazarus. I was not surprised by this. :) Links under the cut:
Island of Misfits (3965 words) by kerithwyn
Fandom: House of Stairs - William Sleator
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Characters: Lola (House of Stairs), Peter (House of Stairs)
Additional Tags: Misses Clause Challenge, Post-Canon
Summary:
They had won, there was no better feeling than that; and now they were to be sent away. Sent away to a place where people might be like themselves; a place where things would be different, and perhaps better.
— House of Stairs, William Sleator
Sadie's Tale (1612 words) by kerithwyn
Fandom: Mouse Guard, Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis
Rating: General Audiences
Relationships: Sadie/Kenzie
Characters: Sadie (Mouse Guard), Reepicheep
Additional Tags: Misses Clause Challenge, Crossover, Yuletide Treat
Summary: Sadie tells of her encounter with a strange visitor.
A Lethality of Lazari (3681 words) by kerithwyn
Fandom: Lazarus (Comics)
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Relationships: Forever Carlyle/Joacquim Morray
Characters: Forever Carlyle, Sonja Bittner, Li Jiaolong, Xolani Nkosi, Sir Thomas Huston, Wening Pertiwi, Alimah Meyers-Qasimi
Additional Tags: Misses Clause Challenge, Yuletide Treat
Summary: Forever engages with her fellow Lazari during the Conclave.
As is traditional, here is my year-end roundup of stories written in 2015:
STATS
stories: 24, fic and meta. 11 for Fringe, which remains my primary fandom.
Twelve challenges and exchanges! It became clear halfway through the year that I was using the exchanges as an excuse for not working on my own writing, but by then I was committed to the experiment. I was defaulted on six times that I know about, which I understand isn't personal, but it felt rotten every time.
I already know I'll be doing fewer exchanges this year. I'm already resisting the urge to sign up for ShipSwap. I'll probably still participate in Into a Bar, Crossovering, Holly Poly, and Yuletide. And I have very good intentions toward my wip pile. We'll see how that goes.
Island of Misfits (3965 words) by kerithwyn
Fandom: House of Stairs - William Sleator
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Characters: Lola (House of Stairs), Peter (House of Stairs)
Additional Tags: Misses Clause Challenge, Post-Canon
Summary:
They had won, there was no better feeling than that; and now they were to be sent away. Sent away to a place where people might be like themselves; a place where things would be different, and perhaps better.
— House of Stairs, William Sleator
Sadie's Tale (1612 words) by kerithwyn
Fandom: Mouse Guard, Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis
Rating: General Audiences
Relationships: Sadie/Kenzie
Characters: Sadie (Mouse Guard), Reepicheep
Additional Tags: Misses Clause Challenge, Crossover, Yuletide Treat
Summary: Sadie tells of her encounter with a strange visitor.
A Lethality of Lazari (3681 words) by kerithwyn
Fandom: Lazarus (Comics)
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Relationships: Forever Carlyle/Joacquim Morray
Characters: Forever Carlyle, Sonja Bittner, Li Jiaolong, Xolani Nkosi, Sir Thomas Huston, Wening Pertiwi, Alimah Meyers-Qasimi
Additional Tags: Misses Clause Challenge, Yuletide Treat
Summary: Forever engages with her fellow Lazari during the Conclave.
As is traditional, here is my year-end roundup of stories written in 2015:
- [Lost Girl] Makes me feel so fine -- Holly Poly 2014
- [Jupiter Ascending] Apis ex machina
- [Jupiter Ascending/Orphan Black] Multiplicity
- [Elementary/DCU] Nemesis -- Into a Bar
- [Fringe] The Secret Life of Astrid Farnsworth -- Rarelywritten [ONGOING WIP]
- [High Frontier] New Frontiers -- Rarelywritten treat
- [Fringe/X-Files] Ripple Effect
- [Saga] Ghost in the Material World -- Night on Fic Mountain
- [Imperial Radch] Haptic Perception -- Night on Fic Mountain treat
- [Fringe] Eidolon -- Everywoman
- [Fringe/OB/X-F] You Are Joyously Invited -- Not Prime Time
- [Uprooted] Redefinition -- Rare Pair Fest
- [Fringe] Go on as three -- M/M Rares
- [Fringe/YW] Fringe Wizardry -- Crossovering
- [The Sandman/Hannibal] It Takes One to Know One
- [Fringe] Past your dream time -- Femslashex
- [Fringe] Whole in the World -- Fandom Growth
- [Lazarus] At Liberty -- Fandom Growth treat
- [Fringe/Lazarus META] Everything is a Fringe AU: Lazarus
- [Fringe/Oz META] Everything is a Fringe AU: Oz/Wicked
- [Fringe/HP META] Everything is a Fringe AU: HP sortinghatchats
- [House of Stairs] Island of Misfits -- Yuletide
- [Mouse Guard/Narnia] Sadie’s Tale -- Yuletide treat
- [Lazarus] A Lethality of Lazari -- Yuletide treat
STATS
stories: 24, fic and meta. 11 for Fringe, which remains my primary fandom.
fandoms: 20[!]. But a lot of repeats and crossovers.
het: 2
m/m slash: 1 (WHAT. I have betrayed my roots!)
f/f slash: 3
gen: 16 (...huh.)
threesomes/moresomes: 2
crossovers: 10
word count: 67,731 (according to AO3) -- but easily 20k of that was previously written.
Twelve challenges and exchanges! It became clear halfway through the year that I was using the exchanges as an excuse for not working on my own writing, but by then I was committed to the experiment. I was defaulted on six times that I know about, which I understand isn't personal, but it felt rotten every time.
I already know I'll be doing fewer exchanges this year. I'm already resisting the urge to sign up for ShipSwap. I'll probably still participate in Into a Bar, Crossovering, Holly Poly, and Yuletide. And I have very good intentions toward my wip pile. We'll see how that goes.