if this is wrong: My first thought on hearing about the return of the X-Files was that now, contemporary Fringe/X-Files crossovers are not only possible, but required.
Someone--maybe Chris Carter--needs to figure out how to get Mulder and Scully working together again. She seemed definite about not wanting to do that anymore in the last movie. I think they wrote themselves into a corner.
I'd be all over that too... I think this news is gonna prompt a rewatch for me. I might have to see if my current friends group watching Fringe (mid-S4 at the moment) would like to switch to it afterwards, as that'd be quite appropriate.
My XF buddy is very happy to hear about this. Since my exposure to the X-Files was very scattershot, I may need a top ten episode guide to fully appreciate this. Beyond the beautiful vision of what might happen if you set Olivia Dunham, Dana Scully, and Astrid Farnsworth on a joint investigation.
no subject
Date: 2015-03-24 07:16 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-03-24 07:26 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-03-24 07:31 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-03-24 09:07 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-03-25 12:29 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-03-24 10:02 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-01 06:47 pm (UTC)Scully and Astrid, however, would be why it would be an awesome story.
no subject
Date: 2015-03-25 12:30 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-03-26 06:19 am (UTC)Someone--maybe Chris Carter--needs to figure out how to get Mulder and Scully working together again. She seemed definite about not wanting to do that anymore in the last movie. I think they wrote themselves into a corner.
no subject
Date: 2015-03-27 02:10 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-01 06:48 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-06 03:37 am (UTC)This is the best idea. EVER.