Gus.
The Gross: Fungus attack! And dessicated corpses.
A very touching story of a boy and hisinvisible friend monster sentient fungus.
Hey, it's the return of Doctor Sumner! This show wastes nothing. (Especially not guest stars willing to make return appearances.)
Hey kids! Don't be a bully or you might get eaten by a fungus! Now THAT'S a PSA worth broadcasting.
On rewatch--Olivia running the facial recognition program for Peter. Sneaky, show.
I approve of Olivia's braid. Practical and attractive.
Olivia's attempt at personnel management:
OLIVIA: I just wanted to check in with you, see how you're handling everything. I know you've been going through the case files, getting up to speed. I understand that it can be kind of overwhelming. It's hard when what you knew or what you thought you knew about the world... no longer holds. And I just wanted you to know that I'm here.
AGENT LEE: (uneasy) You're... here?
OLIVIA: Yeah. To talk to, you know? I mean, just if things are getting a little too much or if you're freaked out...
AGENT LEE: I'm... not freaked out.
OLIVIA: Oh. Good. (nodding) Okay. Well, you just let me know.
Lincoln's looking so very Clark Kent in this scene. And the fact that he isn't freaked out is such a strong character marker, in both universes.
Sigh, poor Astrid, having to translate Walter to an impatient Broyles.
AGENT LEE: (flashes light in the tunnel floor) I think I got something. There's a third set of sneaker treads leading in... and then out. Size 7, 8, maybe.
--and then he pushes his glasses back up on his face, after having used his X-ray vision to spot the tracks. I SAW THAT, CLARK.
(There might be a crossover lurking there somewhere. Shoot.)
PETER: I'm scared. ... has to help me... Do you see me? I'm right here.
PETER: Walter, I'm scared.
PETER: I want to come home.
-- *sigh* Oh, Peter. I won't mind when you come home. I'll just mind if you get in the way of my Lincoln-love. (And Olivia's. tee hee.)
Walter's flip out is so awful.
LOVING how comfortable Olivia is with Lincoln already as a working partner. She even touches him.
AGENT LEE: A couple of these bad boys are making their way down the sink.
--something about the "these bad boys" phrasing tickles me a lot.
Olivia Dunham, ladies and gents:
OLIVIA: I'm thinking flamethrowers.
This poor kid, he'd rather hang out with the insane dude than go home. But he gets milkshakes and a tin hat out of the deal, so.
WALTER: Peter was very sick. I tried for a long time to find a cure... but I found it too late, and he died. Then I discovered an alternate universe where another version of my son was dying from the same malady. So I crossed over to the other side with the intention of bringing him back to cure him. But the frozen lake where I created a portal between universes was unsound, and when we crossed back, the ice broke. And Peter... the other version of him... drowned. And I lost him all over again.
-- score one for all the speculation about Peter 2. This is what I love: we get answers.
Out of the mouths of babes:
AARON SNEDDON: And... you don't think you belong in a mental institution?
But at least Walter's priorities remain on track:
WALTER: Just a few more minutes. I don't want to turn you into a popsicle. Oh, Astrid--
ASTRID: I'll get you one later, Walter.
WALTER: Oh. Grape, please. And one for my friend here.
Just noticed Lee's casual clothes. mmmm, peel the boy out of the suit....
BROYLES: That's our plan, Agent Lee, compliments of Nina Sharp and Massive Dynamic.
-- ah. So they're still around. Walter's not running the show, though.
TECH: I was told it was on your order.
-- Olivia's FACE. And Lee's quiet "Olivia." So much there.
So...the moral is to let go? Like Olivia should let go of Peter? OH FINE I'LL STOP. (But I can use that! *makes notes*)
(but seriously: I don't object to the canon P/O, or at least I'm not allergic to it. I just intensely dislike the "fated" aspect.)
The fungus grabs Lee, but not Olivia. Cortexiphan immunity?
LINCOLN: You look a little freaked out. You wanna talk about it?
-- ... OH SHOW DO NOT MAKE ME SHIP Olivia/Lee, I have my hands full with Olivia/Red!Linc. (But damn. That was ridonkulous cute.)
*deep breath* -- that "tap tap" might be the most horrifying sound in the history of ever.
*FLAILS. NOT IN A GOOD WAY* WALTER. I can't even.
...and Olivia's hiding secrets too. Surprise! (Not really. But well played.)
Solid ep, not overwhelming but a nice building block in the Olivia-Lee partnership. I think I'd hate to lose that, most of all, when Peter returns.
The Gross: Fungus attack! And dessicated corpses.
A very touching story of a boy and his
Hey, it's the return of Doctor Sumner! This show wastes nothing. (Especially not guest stars willing to make return appearances.)
Hey kids! Don't be a bully or you might get eaten by a fungus! Now THAT'S a PSA worth broadcasting.
On rewatch--Olivia running the facial recognition program for Peter. Sneaky, show.
I approve of Olivia's braid. Practical and attractive.
Olivia's attempt at personnel management:
OLIVIA: I just wanted to check in with you, see how you're handling everything. I know you've been going through the case files, getting up to speed. I understand that it can be kind of overwhelming. It's hard when what you knew or what you thought you knew about the world... no longer holds. And I just wanted you to know that I'm here.
AGENT LEE: (uneasy) You're... here?
OLIVIA: Yeah. To talk to, you know? I mean, just if things are getting a little too much or if you're freaked out...
AGENT LEE: I'm... not freaked out.
OLIVIA: Oh. Good. (nodding) Okay. Well, you just let me know.
Lincoln's looking so very Clark Kent in this scene. And the fact that he isn't freaked out is such a strong character marker, in both universes.
Sigh, poor Astrid, having to translate Walter to an impatient Broyles.
AGENT LEE: (flashes light in the tunnel floor) I think I got something. There's a third set of sneaker treads leading in... and then out. Size 7, 8, maybe.
--and then he pushes his glasses back up on his face, after having used his X-ray vision to spot the tracks. I SAW THAT, CLARK.
(There might be a crossover lurking there somewhere. Shoot.)
PETER: I'm scared. ... has to help me... Do you see me? I'm right here.
PETER: Walter, I'm scared.
PETER: I want to come home.
-- *sigh* Oh, Peter. I won't mind when you come home. I'll just mind if you get in the way of my Lincoln-love. (And Olivia's. tee hee.)
Walter's flip out is so awful.
LOVING how comfortable Olivia is with Lincoln already as a working partner. She even touches him.
AGENT LEE: A couple of these bad boys are making their way down the sink.
--something about the "these bad boys" phrasing tickles me a lot.
Olivia Dunham, ladies and gents:
OLIVIA: I'm thinking flamethrowers.
This poor kid, he'd rather hang out with the insane dude than go home. But he gets milkshakes and a tin hat out of the deal, so.
WALTER: Peter was very sick. I tried for a long time to find a cure... but I found it too late, and he died. Then I discovered an alternate universe where another version of my son was dying from the same malady. So I crossed over to the other side with the intention of bringing him back to cure him. But the frozen lake where I created a portal between universes was unsound, and when we crossed back, the ice broke. And Peter... the other version of him... drowned. And I lost him all over again.
-- score one for all the speculation about Peter 2. This is what I love: we get answers.
Out of the mouths of babes:
AARON SNEDDON: And... you don't think you belong in a mental institution?
But at least Walter's priorities remain on track:
WALTER: Just a few more minutes. I don't want to turn you into a popsicle. Oh, Astrid--
ASTRID: I'll get you one later, Walter.
WALTER: Oh. Grape, please. And one for my friend here.
Just noticed Lee's casual clothes. mmmm, peel the boy out of the suit....
BROYLES: That's our plan, Agent Lee, compliments of Nina Sharp and Massive Dynamic.
-- ah. So they're still around. Walter's not running the show, though.
TECH: I was told it was on your order.
-- Olivia's FACE. And Lee's quiet "Olivia." So much there.
So...the moral is to let go? Like Olivia should let go of Peter? OH FINE I'LL STOP. (But I can use that! *makes notes*)
(but seriously: I don't object to the canon P/O, or at least I'm not allergic to it. I just intensely dislike the "fated" aspect.)
The fungus grabs Lee, but not Olivia. Cortexiphan immunity?
LINCOLN: You look a little freaked out. You wanna talk about it?
-- ... OH SHOW DO NOT MAKE ME SHIP Olivia/Lee, I have my hands full with Olivia/Red!Linc. (But damn. That was ridonkulous cute.)
*deep breath* -- that "tap tap" might be the most horrifying sound in the history of ever.
*FLAILS. NOT IN A GOOD WAY* WALTER. I can't even.
...and Olivia's hiding secrets too. Surprise! (Not really. But well played.)
Solid ep, not overwhelming but a nice building block in the Olivia-Lee partnership. I think I'd hate to lose that, most of all, when Peter returns.
no subject
Date: 2011-10-12 07:54 pm (UTC)I approve of Olivia's braid. Practical and attractive.
Olivia Dunham: bringing braids back. ;) She sure was the inspiration for my braid the second day on the mountain, during that work retreat...which of course my colleague Anna made, because I can't braid (or knit, or crochet, or any of these).
Olivia's attempt at personnel management:
Totally delicious. Fringe has quite the knack for absurd humour but doesn't generally do cute as such. This, however? Super-cute in every single way without being saccharine at all.
--and then he pushes his glasses back up on his face, after having used his X-ray vision to spot the tracks. I SAW THAT, CLARK.
I LOL'd.
She even touches him.
BATS HALF ACROSS THE WORLD WERE WEIRDED OUT BY THE SOUND I WAS MAKING AT THAT!
--something about the "these bad boys" phrasing tickles me a lot.
Me too. (But we all know how everything from Lincoln tickles me.)
-- score one for all the speculation about Peter 2. This is what I love: we get answers.
We do! And so far mine still works out...
So...the moral is to let go? Like Olivia should let go of Peter? OH FINE I'LL STOP. (But I can use that! *makes notes*)
Hee. (I confess I am intellectually perturbed by me giving up Olivia/Peter so readily...but then again, a lot about them has been bugging me since the whole Hero!Peter storyline, which as you well know is so not a favourite of mine. And they were never my OTP; I've always shipped Olivia with EVERYBODY, EVER.)
Surprise! (Not really. But well played.)
Indeed...
no subject
Date: 2011-10-12 10:16 pm (UTC)Oh, THAT'S what that noise was. I barely noticed over my own high-pitched squee.
I am so far past Olivia/Peter--not that I ever watched the show for that in the first place--that I can barely see it with a telescope. Olivia/Peter/Lincoln, however.... Basically, as long as there's a Lincoln in the mix, I ship it. The end. (...except, oddly, for Lincoln/Liv. But that's what Frank is for.)
no subject
Date: 2011-10-10 08:26 am (UTC)On rewatch, I noticed the face that looked like Peter, yes. But the first time I saw the episode, I briefly thought of the X-Man from 'LSD' last season. But that whole episode probably didn't even happen... I guess. Maybe. (Ah, this new timeline is confusing. Love it.)
But anyway, well played, show! It was a suprise in the end, but it didn't come out of nowhere. Well done, indeed.
And the fact that he isn't freaked out is such a strong character marker, in both universes.
YES. I especially love how Blueverse Lincoln looks so extremely dorky, but at the same time is quite the BAMF. Like, how he chased after the suspect in 4x01 was great. And I love that he's not freaked out by the whole Fringe world. He's so much stronger and capable than he looks at first sight. Which makes him such a good partner for Olivia.
LOVING how comfortable Olivia is with Lincoln already as a working partner.
Yup. She may be awkward in social situations, but she does know people, and she's sensed from the beginning that Lincoln is a good guy and a good agent, and that they'll work well together. Love them.
The fungus grabs Lee, but not Olivia. Cortexiphan immunity?
I was wondering the same. Possibly the drugs, yeah. Hmmm. We haven't seen anything of Olivia's special powers yet this season.
no subject
Date: 2011-10-10 03:20 pm (UTC)Blue!Lincoln is fabulous, just like his alternate. He's only hiding his BAMFness under a dorky shell. ;)
I'm not sure Olivia *has* powers, or at least, has access to them. Perhaps the telekinesis (because wow, would I hate for "Ability" to be erased), but not the dimension-shifting? Damn, I need to work on that post.
no subject
Date: 2011-10-11 03:23 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-10-11 05:38 am (UTC)(You should have seen the recap for "One Night in October." It was FLAILTASTIC (http://kerithwyn.livejournal.com/250321.html).)